Saturday 7 March 2009

This Happened... in edinburgh


I attended the event "This happened.... in Edinburgh." Picture above - Jamie Allen

(Unfortunately I missed the first two speakers. As I was organising an event for work that was happening the next day and I didn't manage to leave work in Perth until 5:45pm and this was starting in Edinburgh at 6.00pm! I did actually manage to get to Edinburgh by about 6:30, although I then took about 30 mins to cross town and find a parking space, alas I arrived and I was glad I made the effort)

However, There were talks by a diverse group of people:
I must admit that it was the talk from Yann Seznec, aka "the amazing rolo" that really caught my imagination...his energy was infectious! The development of his software is through a great story, which he told with a true passion and enthusiasm. As a musician he saw a possibility with the current technology on the the market (the wii remote) and set about designing a software to allow him to mix using though movement.



It just begins to show the endless amount of possibilities there are by cultivating existing technology and transferring its use into an akternative business area. I think the great thing about this Yann's product, as it allows the Dj's, to mix great music, whilst enjoying their environment through dancing and movement... a real innovation.

No comments: