Wednesday 4 March 2009

A new facebook phenomenom!

So I have fallen victim to one of the latest facebook viral games. It is titled, make your own album cover. I was introduced to this idea by a friend. So then the following steps were taken:

1. I was tagged in a picture...although I was not actually in it. (This caused me to look at it and find out about the game)
2. I was intrigued by the rules, so decided to take part
3. I completed the instructions - which included;
- Hit “random" on wikipedia - to get the band name
- Go to "Random quotations" choose last four words of the very last quote for the album title
- Go to flickr and click on “explore the last seven days" Third picture is album cover.
4. Post it to FB and TAG the friends you want to join in.

So there we go, I normally ignore these things....but I was so intrigued with this one, which made me buck the trend....and wham, 30 mins later I have an reasonable attempt at an album cover! I think that result, was partly due to the quote and image that I received coincidentally matching rather well. I don't know what the odds of are for getting such results that match up. However, I found this to be rather exciting.

So a succesful viral game, I think so yes. It not only got me to take part, simply by sparking my imagination...it also got me to use to website/ features that I have not before. Therefore, not a bad viral marketing tool if it were to be used in the correct manner! Particularly if you happened to make the links relevant to your website.

No comments: