Monday 23 February 2009

Favourites





There are so many good photographers in the world. Particularly with the increase in digital, there seem to be a growing number appearing every minute. When I look on flickr, I get lost in a sea of photography..the good, the bad and the ugly.

However, when I see something that hits me and constantly makes me think about it. I know I have found a keeper.

I first saw the work of Dennis Darzacq when I was living in Paris. I went down a little street, into a little buidling, and down some small stairs and founf myself in a delightful gallery space, with some fantastic images...the series of fotos - La Chute were displayed. and I was won over.

How did he capture these people in these seemingly impossible positions? do they not create the most incredible portrait of the young people living in the Banlieus of Paris...
full of so much skill, yet somehow floating....
just a reminder that good photography is about the an interaction between the photographer and the subject..which then captures an the heart and imagination of its viewers.

No comments: