Tuesday 30 September 2008

Now for some "Design Stuff" which pleased me

Ok so now just a little taste of a few pieces that I saw at Tent London and Create Berlin
whilst visiting certain things at the London Design Festival.


One of the first things to catch my eye (quite literally, as it is on of the first pieces as you enter th e Content exhibition space), was the bench by Boex. I have seen this blogged many times since its launch last year. However, I still wanted to post it on here, As I do love it. The use of such a simple object, such as the pencil, is such a simple idea, which is quite beautiful and surprisingly comfortable.

I did however wonder if the pencils were removable and usable. As this could make for an interesting chair also, where the contours are defined by the use of each pencil!

Again alot of the other items, have been seen before. But it was nice to see them in the real, instead of on an image.There was also a really lovely set of salt and pepper shakers, "samba spice shakers", that worked like maraccas from Absalute appetite. A simple, but playful idea.

The other images will have to come later. So I just hopped over to Create Berlin afterwards which had a really impressive piece, The T-shirt Issue by Mashallah Design & Linda Kostowski. whom created a clothing range by scanning 3D body images and transferring these in to patterns for items of clothing. This is a really exciting concept, with an outcome that is both beautiful and controversial in relation to fashion.


So have so far, only had time to post a little taster of some of the items I saw at the Design Festival so far. However, it was certainly worth the trip.

No comments: